Brighter Futures for Children, acting as the Appropriate Body and working in partnership with schools will discharge its’ statutory duties for NQT Induction to ensure that all NQT’s receive their statutory entitlements, a personalised programme of development, support, monitoring and assessment.
At the end of induction, based on the Head Teacher’s recommendation the Local authority, in its role as the appropriate body will make the final decision regarding whether the NQT has met the teacher standards to successfully complete induction.
Key Service features:
- In accordance with the statutory guidance on induction we will verify eligibility to complete induction, maintain and update Teaching Regulation Agency records accordingly.
- We work closely with schools and NQTs to verify induction arrangements and support schools making decisions on the outcomes of statutory induction.
- We quality assure schools' NQT Induction systems and processes to ensure that they meet the requirements for NQT Induction.
- We provide advice, support, training and guidance on the induction of NQTs to Head Teachers, Governors, Induction Tutors, Mentors and NQTs.
- Our service offers advice and early intervention for schools and NQTs where NQTs are experiencing difficulties.