Working with governors to challenge schools to support every child and young person's ambition to achieve
The Governance Services in Reading has an established reputation for providing quality support and guidance to schools and academies and their governing bodies. As part of the School Improvement Service, the Governance Services team works closely with Head Teachers and Governing bodies to ensure they meet their statutory duties and strengthen their leadership and management roles.
Our service offers Governing Bodies current and relevant consultancy and training to enable them to help the school to set high standards by planning for the school's future and setting targets for school improvement.
We provide products and services essential to building effective governance and leadership in education settings. Governance and leadership provides the framework for delivering outstanding education and driving up pupil and student performance. Whatever the need of your organisation, our professionals will be able to support and develop your leaders with a range of comprehensive products, delivered by a team of experts.
Key Service features
• Provide up to date, focussed programmes of training and development for governors/trustees and governing boards to help raise standards in our schools
• Equip governors/trustees with skills and knowledge to be effective in their role
• Offer support, advice, guidance and information in various ways to meet governors/trustees’ needs
• Support recruitment and appointment of governors/trustees with the right skills
• Provide a set of products to support the continuous professional development of governors/trustees