This course aims to develop the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver level 3 H&S responsibilities within your job role.
The Learning Objectives of this course are:
- To be able to use a variety of proactive and reactive monitoring procedures
- To understand proactive and reactive health and safety monitoring procedures
- To understand the concept of Risk Management and to be able to put the principles into practice for your own service/department/school
- To have a working knowledge of HSG65
- Be able to review the safety management arrangements in your area of responsibility
- Appreciate the safety and legal implications of management decisions
- Contribute to the development of safety management arrangements
- Take steps to develop a positive safety culture
- Understand the difference between an inspection, risk assessment and an audit
- To be able to carry out a workplace Health and Safety Audit and produce an action plan
Pre-requirement for this course: Relevant knowledge in carrying out risk assessments and investigating accidents as this referred to but will not be covered in the level 3 course. (The H&S level 2 course will give you these skills, although it is not a requirement to have done the level 2 before the level 3.) Please note this course is not bookable via the SLA website. If you would like to book on this course please visit our website and complete the online application form: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingform. For our Charges and Cancellation policy please visit our website: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingchargingandcancellationpolicy. This course is not available for Early Years PVI. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, the times and dates advertised for a course may change. In these circumstances we will attempt to give delegates as much notice as possible. Please ensure you provide valid contact details when applying for this course. Course materials will be sent to you before the session via the email address provided on your application form. It is essential that you bring printed copies of the resources with you as you will need to use them on the day.
For those responsible for: Completing annual safety audits Implementing H&S policies and meeting targets Risk Assessments & Accident Investigations Communicating H&S information and training