The aim of the course is to develop the skills of the candidates to enable them to reduce the risks of fire in the workplace.
After completion of the course, candidates should:
- Understand the principles of the causes of fire
- Understand the measures required to prevent the cause and spread of fire
- Understand the principle of fire protection and the means of escape
- Be able to prepare and develop emergency and fire evacuation procedures
- Be able to manage and control the fire log
- To understand the Fire Risk Assessment and actions identified by the assessor
Please note this course is not bookable via the SLA website. If you would like to book on this course please visit our website and complete the online application form: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingform. For our Charges and Cancellation policy please visit our website: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingchargingandcancellationpolicy. This course is not available for Early Years PVI. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, the times and dates advertised for a course may change. In these circumstances we will attempt to give delegates as much notice as possible. Please ensure you provide valid contact details when applying for this course. Course materials will be sent to you before the session via the email address provided on your application form. It is essential that you bring printed copies of the resources with you as you will need to use them on the day.
The course is suitable for building Managers, Facilities Managers, Unit Managers, Head teachers and Bursars.