The aim of this course is to ensure that sufficient staff within each school are: Competent to carry out and record basic safety inspections of children’s play equipment; To carry out and record risk assessments and implement control measures under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1992.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Understand the requirements of EN 1176/77
- Recognise the need for frequency of Inspection
- Be able to recognise evidence of Wear
- Understand the dynamics of their specific structure
- Understand the effects of Weather
- Be able to recognise hazards and common faults
- Be able to carry out a risk assessment
- Be aware of the importance of documentation, reporting and record keeping
- Be able to carry out a practical on-site inspection
To ensure compliance with the current play recommendations and best health and safety practice.