Hone your skills in delivering inspirational practical activities and develop your teaching skills to inspire and engage pupils.
- Engage your pupils in science through higher order thinking.
- Building on the “Bright Ideas Time” model developed by AstraZeneca and Oxford Brookes. Discuss the use of Bright Ideas to engage pupils, combined with a range of exciting practical lesson starters that will captivate your class and get them asking questions.
- All of the practical demonstrations will use household equipment to illustrate science concepts from irreversible change to Bernoulli’s principle and can be conducted in a couple of minutes to WOW your pupils.
Teachers will be able to appreciate the importance of practical activities and learn to promote higher order thinking in science.
- Please bring your own lunch if attending the morning and afternoon course.
- This course is included in the NQT Primary Training Package, if you have not purchased the NQT Primary Training Package the cost of attending is £75 per person.
- School Standards Service Cancellation Policy is applicable to all bookings, please refer to this policy for further information.
- Parking is available at Churchend Academy. Access to the school car park is via Conwy Close. Drive up to the barrier and select the Churchend Academy buzzer. Drive to the far end of the car park. This is a shared car park with The Avenue School; please ensure that you do not park in the Avenue School spaces.
EYFS, KS1 and KS2
- Overseas Teachers
- Unqualified Teachers
- Teachers wanting to refresh knowledge