The course will cover:
- Basic information on Child Protection and Safeguarding
- Types of Abuse
- Signs and Symptoms
- The Referral Process
- Multi Agency Approach
- Safe Practice
This course is aims to inform delegates about Universal Safeguarding Children and their responsibilities regarding this.
At the end of the session you will:
- Understand the importance of Child Protection and your role within it.
- Have an improved understanding of signs and indicators of abuse
- Understand local Child Protection procedures and what to do if they are concerned about abuse
- Be clear about sharing information with others
- Have developed confidence in dealing with child protection issues appropriately
Please note this course is not bookable via the SLA website. If you would like to book on this course please visit our website and complete the online application form: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingform. For our Charges and Cancellation policy please visit our website: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingchargingandcancellationpolicy. This course is not available for Early Years PVI. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, the times and dates advertised for a course may change. In these circumstances we will attempt to give delegates as much notice as possible. Please ensure you provide valid contact details when applying for this course. Course materials will be sent to you before the session via the email address provided on your application form. It is essential that you bring printed copies of the resources with you as you will need to use them on the day.
All staff whose work brings them into contact with children and young people in whatever circumstances