To provide staff with knowledge and skills to work directly with victims of domestic abuse. Delegates should have attended the Reading Borough Council course “Domestic abuse awareness: level 1” or have an equivalent level of knowledge and awareness.
By the end of the course delegates will:
- Gain confidence in supporting disclosures and referral routes
- Gain knowledge of the legal framework
- Understand agency responses and information sharing
- Discuss developing early intervention tools
- Have awareness of the sensitivity of issues of domestic abuse
- Deal with disclosures – asking the right questions and routine screening
- Understand the “one chance to save a life” rule
- Discuss the concept of “why doesn’t s/he just leave?”
- Have opportunity to discuss opportunities and challenges of multi-agency working
- Awareness of working with perpetrators of domestic abuse
Please note this course is not bookable via the SLA website. If you would like to book on this course please visit our website and complete the online application form: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingform. For our Charges and Cancellation policy please visit our website: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingchargingandcancellationpolicy. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, the times and dates advertised for a course may change. In these circumstances we will attempt to give delegates as much notice as possible.
Multi-agency training for staff across Reading in local authority, health services, education, police, probation, drug & alcohol services and voluntary and independent sector.