To provide delegates with an awareness of domestic abuse.
By the end of the course delegates will have an understanding of:
- What domestic abuse is
- Effects and impact of domestic abuse on victims
- Possible indicators of domestic abuse
- Effects and impact of domestic abuse on children and young people
- The legal framework
- How different agencies work together to respond to domestic abuse
- DASH (Domestic abuse, stalking and harassment risk assessment) form
- Resources and support available
Please note this course is not bookable via the SLA website. If you would like to book on this course please visit our website and complete the online application form: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingform. For our Charges and Cancellation policy please visit our website: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingchargingandcancellationpolicy. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, the times and dates advertised for a course may change. In these circumstances we will attempt to give delegates as much notice as possible.
Multi-agency training for staff across Reading in local authority, health services, education, police, probation, drug & alcohol services and voluntary and independent sector.