The aim is to raise the awareness of the Mental Health needs of children and young people. The course supports staff to recognise and identify the indicators of Mental Health issues in children and young people leading to early intervention and promotion of positive psychological & emotional well-being.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the link between children’s development and mental health.
- Explain a range of mental health issues affecting children.
- Explain the range of risk factors and protective ‘resilience’ factors which can influence the mental health of children.
- Identify what helps and which interventions are proven successful for common mental health problems.
- Confidently identify pathways to support for children with mental health concerns and make appropriate referrals.
- Plan changes in your own practice and implement these after the training.
Please note this course is not bookable via the SLA website. If you would like to book on this course please visit our website and complete the online application form: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingform. For our Charges and Cancellation policy please visit our website: www.reading.gov.uk/trainingchargingandcancellationpolicy. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, the times and dates advertised for a course may change. In these circumstances we will attempt to give delegates as much notice as possible.
All staff working with children, young people and their families